Request a reproduction of an image of a work/object
Things to know before submitting a request
The website of the Musée National de l’Histoire de l’Immigration presents images of works or objects from its collections but also from other sources. Please pay attention to the copyright information under the image in order to contact the copyright holders.
The museum has the images in a digital version, which can be sent to you free of charge. However, many works that have been integrated into the Museum’s collections are subject to copyright.
Before any visual of a work under copyright can be sent, prior authorisation must be secured, and a copyright fee may need to be paid to the artist or his/her successors. We will notify you of the procedures required should you encounter this situation.
Submitting a request
- Email the request to: firstname.lastname@example.org (we cannot process requests over the phone).
- Specify how the image is to be used and provide a short presentation of your project (presentation media and whether or not it will be commercialised, description of the project, desired loan period, geographic area...)
Things to know about the request to obtain an image free of charge from the museum
Processing the request
- The team will examine your request and its feasibility.
- All requests will be processed and you will receive a response within a maximum of 1 month (from the date the request was submitted)
Reception of the image and terms of reproduction
- On receiving the image, we will remind you of the terms of reproduction to be respected, including the information that must feature alongside the reproduction, such as :
Name of the author, information on the work provided by the museum, photo credits and mention of the source.
For all requests for information on the collections relating to research
All requests for information on the collections will be systematically processed by the collections department. Email your request to the collections department at: email@example.com or by mail to the following address :
Département des collections
Établissement public du Palais de la Porte Dorée
Musée national de l'histoire de l'immigration
293, avenue Daumesnil - 75012 Paris
You will receive a response within a maximum of 1 month (from the date your request was submitted).