The Établissement public de la Palais de la Porte Dorée
Since January 1st 2012 (decree no. 2011-2008 of December 28 2011), the Musée National de l'Histoire de l'Immigration and the Tropical Aquarium have been united within a State-owned public cultural establishment, tasked with developing their own scientific and cultural projects and highlighting the cultural heritage value of the Palais de la Porte Dorée as a whole. Combining the two activities in a single public establishment, initially envisaged in 2006, has enabled a pooling of resources, while preserving the cultural and scientific particularity of each entity.
Chairman of the Administrative Board
Through a decree dated June 4 2018, Ms. Mercedes Erra was appointed Chairman of the Board of the Établissement Public du Palais de la Porte Dorée, through a renewal of her term of office. Mercedes Erra is the executive president of Havas Worldwide.
Chairman of the Advisory Board
Through a decree dated January 14 2020, Mr. François Héran, professor at the Collège de France, holding the “Migrations and Societies” chair, was appointed Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Établissement Public du Palais de la Porte Dorée.
He took over from Mr. Benjamin Stora who had carried out this role since August 2014. Mr. Jacques Toubon presided over the Museum’s preparatory mission, initiated in 2003, then the Advisory Board from 2007 to 2014.
- Through a decree dated August 23 2022, Ms. Constance Rivière, was appointed Managing Director of the Établissement Public du Palais de la Porte Dorée, starting September 12 2022. She took over from Mr. Pap Ndiaye, who held this position from March 1st 2021 to May 20 2022, Ms. Hélène Orain from June 2015, and Mr. Luc Gruson from 2010 to 2015.
- Ms. Mariane Saïe was appointed Secretary General of the Establishment on September 6 2021. She took over the reins from Mr. Yannick Loué, who had held this position since July 10 2017 and Mr. Emmanuel Martinez, since October 1st 2013.
- Mr. Benjamin Béchaux was appointed Director of Development and Communications for the Establishment on June 13 2016.
- Mr. Charles-Édouard Fusari was appointed Director of the Tropical Aquarium on April 1st 2021.
- Mr. Sébastien Gokalp was appointed Director of the Musée National de l'Histoire de l'Immigration on February 20 2019.
- Ms. Christine Piquéras was appointed Director of the Building and Cultural Programming on September 14 2015.